SSM St. Mary's Health Center
SSM St. Mary's Health Center is well-known for providing a wide variety of patient care, especially in high-risk maternity, cancer care and cardiology. Additionally, it is recognized for its success in heart-attack treatment, consistently completing emergent heart catheterizations for heart attacks in under 90 minutes — the gold standard of care. The site also offers a neonatal intensive care unit, among other specialized care. A number of renovations are underway, including on the maternity floor.
Part of the hospital's daily mission is to show God's ability to heal. That means chaplains are available at any time of day to listen or provide spiritual guidance.
Other features at the hospital include free Wi-Fi, a health information center, a pharmacy and imaging services.
The hospital won a 2010 Premier Award for Quality, and the overarching SSM Health Care – St. Louis system has been named one of the best places to work by Modern Healthcare magazine.
- Hours: The Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day. From 8pm - 5am, guests should enter at the east entrance and check in with security for information.
- Insurance accepted: Medicare, Medicaid and financial assistance.
- Appointments: Appointment required
- Affiliations: SSM St. Mary's Health Center is affiliated with SSM Health Care and SLUCare.
- Parking: Valet
- Number of beds: 552
- Type: General, Geriatric, Pediatric, Psychiatric, Rehabilitation, Trauma center, University, Veteran
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Plastic surgery, Psychiatric ward, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Trauma center, Urology
- Helipad: Yes