Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch teams up with neighboring Patch sites each week to round up weekend events and happenings in the area. Here are our picks for this weekend.
Friday, June 1
- in Clayton presents the paintings of artist Craig Downs. His June Bug exhibit features a number of paintings in his unique style. The exhibit has been open since May 14 and will remain open until July 15, but there’s a special opening reception on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. The reception is free and open to the public and will feature live music. For additional information, call Jane Ollendorff at 314-791-6466.
- Friday is day. During business hours on the first Friday of each month during the summer, shopping at participating Clayton businesses can earn you special discounts and offers. Visit the city’s website for additional details and a list of participating retailers.
- Nieman Marcus at Plaza Frontenac is offering a Signature Facial with national aesthetician Alexis Merfeldas from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. If you’d like to participate, RSVP to 314-567-9811.
- It’s time for the Summer Reading Club at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters. The Opening Party will happen on Friday at 2 p.m. Kids should wear their favorite pajamas. Visit the library’s website for details and to register (required.)
Saturday, June 2
- Exclusively Yours will entertain guests at in Clayton at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
- The is offering a Mixed Media Art Journaling class, beginning on Saturday at 10 a.m. The class meets every Saturday through Jul. 21 and will teach students how to develop images and pages with everyday objects. Cost is $150 for non-members and $120 for members. Visit the Guild’s website for additional information and to sign up for the class.
- presents Starkid on Saturday, with opening act Charlene Kaye & the Brilliant Eyes. Doors open at 6:30 and the show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $30. For more information, visit the Pageant’s website.
- There’s an Ippolita Trunk Show at Saks Fifth Avenue at Plaza Fronteanc on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For additional information or to make an appointment, call 314-567-9200, ext. 5320.
Sunday, June 3
- The food festival will happen on Brentwood Boulevard between Forsyth and Maryland on Sunday from 1 to 8:30 p.m. Guests can partake in samples from 15 of Clayton’s best restaurants for $7 or less per sample, plus each will offer a special $2 item. Entertainment for the kids, music and more will be included in the festivities. For more information, visit the Taste of Clayton website.
- Plaza Frontenac is hosting the 25th Annual St. Louis European Auto Show on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The show will feature more than 200 show cars and motorcycles from European manufacturers. Proceeds will benefit the Shiners’ Hospital for Children in St. Louis. For more information, visit the event website.