Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch teams up with neighboring Patch sites each week to round up events and happenings in the area. Here are our picks for this week.
Wednesday, June 27
- The first discussion in the Adult Summer Reading 2012 program at the will happen on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The discussion will revolve around the first two volumes of Les Miserables. Refreshments will be served, and everyone is welcome. Copies of the book are available for checkout at the library. Visit the library’s website for additional information.
Thursday, June 28
- Celebrate the Cardinals' 11th World Series Championship with Matt Holliday at in Clayton on Thursday evening. The reception will include an “upscale menu of delicacies prepared by Chef Chuck Soffner’s award-winning kitchen,” plus drinks, a silent auction, fine wine and more. You’ll also get the chance to migle with Matt and to get your own bottle of his limited production 2007 Napa Valley red wine. Ticket prices include an autographed bottle of wine, food and drinks. Learn more at the Uncork for a Cause website.
- The St. Louis County Library Headquarters is holding a Hunger Games Tribute Challenge on Thursday at 2 p.m. for kids in grades 6 through 12. Learn more at the library’s website.
- Also at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters, Ravenwolf C. Felton Jennings, III will perform spiritual jazz at 7 p.m. in honor of Black Music Month. This event is appropriate for all ages.
Friday, June 29
- New York Times bestselling novelist Jodi Picoult and her daughter Samantha Van Leer will present their first book for teen readers, entitled Between the Lines, at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters on Friday at 7 p.m.
- Internationally-ranked yo-yo performer Ian Cole will amaze the crowds with his tricks, plus explain the different styles and history of one of the world’s oldest toys at the St. Louis County Library on Friday starting at 2 p.m.
Saturday, June 30
- The Obvious Brothers will play at in Clayton beginning at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
- is holding a Saturday Summer Golf Clinic on Saturday at 9 a.m. Learn more at the University City website.
- The is open on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. near Straub’s at 8282 Forsyth.
- The St. Louis County Library Headquarters is holding a live performance on Saturday at 1 p.m. entitled Celebrating Black Music Month. Learn more at the library’s website.
Sunday, July 1
- National Park & Recreation Month begins on Sunday.
- Jim Manley & Mark Friedricks will play at Jimmy’s Café on the Park in Clayton beginning at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.