Friday, July 13
- Fans of the game Perplexus, the tipsy, turvy, can’t put it down 3D marble maze game from PlaSmart Inc. to meet with two A-Maze-ing Perplexus Tour Ambassadors to learn more about the game that has perplexed players since it was introduced in 2010. Learn more at the company’s website.
- Head over to on Friday evening for , where you will learn to create meals from around the world. Learn more at the academy’s website.
- The Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at invites the community to attend its Summer Friday Panel Series. Discussions will equip attendees with knowledge about starting, building and sustaining new enterprises. The topic on Friday is “Innovation in Health Care.” Learn more and register for the free event at IdeaBounce.
- The Sugar-Free Allstars will put on a concert full of fun, funky tunes and plenty of interaction at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters on Friday from 2 to 3 p.m. Learn more at the library’s website.
Saturday, July 14
- The Young Friends Committee is hosting an evening of comedy to benefit Gateway to Hope. Admission price includes cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and the funniest entertainment in town. You’ll also have the opportunity to win a number of raffle items. Tickets are $40 if purchased by Friday, or $50 on Saturday. Learn more and register at the group’s website.
- Learn the simplicity and beauty of pinhole photography at the on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The workshop will teach you how to make a pinhole camera from a shoe box, cookie tin or even a toy. The workshop is for ages 15 to 18 and costs $100 for non members and $80 for members. Supplies are included. Learn more and register at the guild’s website.
- Louis Michael will play at in Clayton on Saturday from 8 to 11 p.m.
- The is open on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Straub’s at 8282 Forsyth.
- Author Chris Cleave will be at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. to discuss his latest book, “Gold.” Learn more at the library’s website.