Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch teams up with neighboring Patch sites each week to round up events and happenings in the area. Here are our picks for this week.
Tuesday, July 3
- Love to read? Kids ages 9 to 12 can head to the St. Louis County Library headquarters on Tuesday for the Book Bites book club. This month’s selection is The Popularity Papers by Amy Ignatow. Free copies are available for loan from the Children’s Desk. Learn more at the library’s website.
- Working out your genealogy? Learn how to use AncestryLibraryEdition.com on Tuesday at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters. Registration required, but walk-ins will be given an opportunity five minutes after class starts if there are registered members who don’t show up. See the library’s website for additional information.
Wednesday, July 4
- Wednesday is . Most government offices, banks and some businesses will be closed in honor of the holiday. Area libraries are also closed.
- The will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Independence Day. And don’t forget to check out the Shaw Park Aquatic Center’s family-friendly 4th of July celebration from 1 to 4 p.m.
- in Richmond Heights will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and the Maplewood Family Aquatic Center is open from noon to 6 p.m. Additionally, there’s no summer camp on Wednesday, and there will be no changes to the Richmond Heights trash, yard waste and recycling pickup schedules for the holiday week. Learn more at the city’s website.
Thursday, July 5
- The City of Clayton’s Board of Adjustment meeting previously scheduled for Thursday has been canceled.
- Junior readers can join Book Bites Jr. club at the St. Louis County Library on Thursday at 6 p.m. for a discussion of this month’s selection, Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray by Nick Bruel. Pick up your copy at the Children’s Desk. Learn more at the library’s website.
- Young scientists can drop by the Children’s Area on Thursday for a fun hands-o science activity in the Curiosity Lab. Learn more at the library’s website.
- Mystery lovers who enjoy reading can join the ranks of the Mystery Lovers’ Book Club on Thursday at 10 a.m. at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters. Learn more at the library’s website.
Friday, July 6
- The City of Clayton and the encourage shoppers to patronize Clayton shops on Friday to take advantage of special offers. Find a list of participating businesses at the Clayton Chamber of Commerce website.
- The zoo comes to you on Friday at 2 p.m. at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters when reptile handler Serengeti Steve comes to exhibit his favorite reptilian friends in the Reptile Experience. Learn more at the library’s website.
Saturday, July 7
- The is open on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Straub’s at 8282 Forsyth.
- Exclusively Yours will play at in Clayton on Saturday beginning at 8 p.m.
- The St. Louis Genealogical Society African American Special Interest Group will meet at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters on Saturday at 11 a.m. for a roundtable discussion on the obstacles of Black Sheep research. Learn more at the library’s website.
Sunday, July 8
- The , located in Clayton, is offering on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Learn more and register at the Centre’s website.