Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch teams up with neighboring Patch sites each week to round up events and happenings in the area. Here are our picks for this week.
Wednesday, May 9.
- Looking for a place to hang out with friends or colleagues, or to meet new people while you relax after a hard day’s work? If so, head to ’s Central Business District on Wednesday from 5 to 8:30 p.m. for in Downtown Clayton. The event is free and open to the public. Featured musicians include SLAM and David Ramon Zamudio. Visit the Parties in the Park website for additional details.
- The will meet on Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. at SSM St. Mary's Health Center.
Thursday, May 10.
- Kids and adults are invited to the’s Building Common Ground—Gaming It New School/Old School event on Thursday at 7 p.m. in Lil’s Treehouse in the Youth Services Department. Participants will get together for an intergenerational event of Wii games, poker, board games and more. Prizes and refreshments included. For more information, visit the library’s website. If you can’t make it Thursday, a second Building Common Ground event will be held on Saturday at 1 p.m.
- St. Louis University Cancer Society is teaming up with J. Crew for a special J. Crew and crewcuts event on Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. at J. Crew at Plaza Frontenac.
- The elementary orchestras of the Ladue School District will perform in a combined concert at Ladue Middle School on Thursday at 7 p.m.
- The City of Clayton wants your opinion on the design of the new Shaw Park Pavilion. If you have thoughts on the design, be sure to visit the Pavilion Design Workshop on Thursday at 7 pm. at the Center of Clayton.
- The University City Park Commission’s Greenway South Tour of Melville and Kingsbury begins at 5:30 pm. on Thursday. The city’s Green Practices Commission Meeting, originally scheduled for Thursday at 6:30 p.m., has been canceled. However, there’s a long-term strategic planning session scheduled for 6 pm. in the EOC room.
- Bravo TV executive vice president, author and St. Louis native Andy Cohen will be at the St. Louis County Library Headquarters on Friday at 7 pm. to present his book Most Talkative. For details, visit the library’s website.
Friday, May 11.
- Want a one-of-a-kind present for Mom? Jewelry Designer Heather Moore’s collection will be featured at Ylang-Ylang Fine Jewelry at Plaza Frontenac on Friday and Saturday.
- Reed Elementary students will perform a talent show for parents on Friday at 2:15 p.m. Parents can contact the school for details.
Saturday, May 12.
- The University City Public Library is holding a trivia night on Saturday beginning at 6:30 p.m. Tables for eight are $160 and individual admission (if you don’t have a group) is $20. Fun, food and prizes will round out the evening. The event is a fundraiser for Friends’ programs for the library. You can register at the library or by phone at 314-727-3150. Visit the library’s website for additional information.
- Looking for something fun to do with your pre-school or grade school daughter for Mother’s Day? Check out the Mother’s Day Doll Tea Party at Pottery Barn at Plaza Frontenac at 3 p.m. on Saturday. RSVP is required.
- Barnes & Noble and Delta Dental Health Theatre are teaming up to offer an all-day book fair on Saturday, beginning at 9 a.m. All day Saturday, any purchases made at a St. Louis-area Barnes & Noble using voucher number 10735447 will be credited to the Delta Dental Health Theatre, and a portion of the sales will go to the theatre. Visit the Delta Dental Health Theatre website for additional information.
- The St. Louis County Library Headquarters is hosting a special Mother’s Day craft time on Saturday at 10 a.m. Kids ages 7 to 12 will be able to paint, decorate and create one-of-a-kind gifts for Mom, Grandma or other special ladies in their lives. Registration is required. Visit the library’s website for details and to register.
Sunday, May 13.