A for $24.1 million in tax-increment financing is "galling," Chad Garrison of the Riverfront Times wrote this week. The company plans to develop a store in part of the Hadley Township neighborhood of .
Quoting from the article about that project and :
"Who do these developers think they are -- an NFL team!? (Apologies to Stan Kroenke -- oh, wait, never mind.) And what happened to the original plan for Hadley Township -- to make it a mixed-use development with retail and housing?"
More about Hadley Township on Patch:
- Menards and Pace Properties Chosen to Develop Hadley in Richmond Heights
- Pace Proposes its Hadley Township Plan to City Council
- Costco and Menards Proposals Heard by Council
- Hadley Traffic: Retail Developers Give Ideas for Hanley, Dale, Elinor
- $125 Million Hadley Retail Site Proposed
- Hadley Reaction: From 'Menards. 100%' to 'This is Absurd'
- Q&A: Costco and Menards Target Hadley Area South of Elinor