Sidewalk work on Wydown Boulevard and a grant for tennis courts are among the items expected to be discussed Tuesday by the Clayton Board of Aldermen.
The meeting is set to begin at 7 p.m. at . A complete agenda may be downloaded from the city's website.
The following are agenda highlights:
- Consider approving the installation of a new fire hydrant at . Missouri American Water would perform the work.
- Consider passing a resolution to approve funding for the purchase of a self-contained breathing apparatus that will be used by the .
- Consider passing a resolution to approve a contract for work on Wydown Boulevard. It will include the removal and replacement of curb ramps, sidewalks, curbs and gutters at the boulevard's intersection with Forest Court, Westwood Drive, Glenridge Avenue, Audubon Drive, Crestwood Drive, Hillvale Drive and Ridge Drive. The work is aimed at improving accessibility in the area. A Community Development Block Grant worth approximately $51,000 will pay for the project. Gershenson Construction will perform the work.
- Consider passing a resolution to approve an equipment purchase for the at City Hall. The purchase is expected to cost approximately $277,000.
- Consider passing a resolution to approve the submittal of a municipal parks grant application. Funding would be used to replace the tennis courts in Shaw Park. If the application is approved, the grant would fund up to $232,000 of the project, which is expected to cost approximately $750,000.