An auditor presentation and the construction of a pavilion are among the items slated for discussion at Tuesday's Board of Aldermen meeting. An earlier version of the agenda included a discussion of the city's centennial celebration plans, but that item has been removed from a subsequent version.
Patch will provide a live blog of the discussion beginning with a discussion session at 6:15 p.m. at City Hall.
A complete agenda may be downloaded from the city's website. The following are agenda highlights.
DISCUSSION SESSION (6:15 P.M.)
- Auditor presentation on oversight and controls
REGULAR MEETING (7 P.M.)
- Hold a public hearing on whether to approve a conditional use permit for . The restaurant would be 3,300 square feet in size and located at 8007 Maryland Ave.
- Hold the first reading of an ordinance that would allow the city to sell bonds for at the new headquarters.
- Consider an ordinance that would amend city code to incorporate new state law regarding the timing of public notification about meetings involving tax increases, eminent domain, creation of some districts and some redevelopment plans. The new law states that four-day notice is required.
- Consider a resolution approving a contract for that would include restrooms, storage and an open covered area.
- Consider a resolution approving an extension of the city's banking services agreement.