The Richmond Heights Police Department recently posted three documents to its website that detail traffic accidents that happened in the city in September 2013.One ranks the number of accidents by location; another identifies the time of day and day of the week on which accidents happened; and the final file describes the severity of each accident.
Here are 10 numbers to know from those reports:
- 0 — Fatal accidents in Richmond Heights
- 41 — Total accidents to which the department responded
- 7 — Injuries that resulted from accidents
- 34 — Cases that involved only property damage
- $841,300 — Estimated losses, in dollars, caused by lost productivity and expenses resulting from accidents in the city
- 24.39 — Percentage of accidents that happened on Friday, the highest-accident days of the week
- 9.76 — Percentage of accidents that happened on Monday and Thursday, the lowest-accident days of the week
- 21.95 — Percentage of accidents that happened during the 3-4 p.m. hour, the highest-accident time of day
- 14 — Total number of accidents recorded by Richmond Heights police for Highway 40. It had the highest volume of accidents in September out of any road documented by the police.
- 5 — Total number of accidents in which a person is suspected of having left the scene.