The Richmond Heights Police Department recently posted three documents to its website that detail traffic accidents that happened in the city in January 2013.
Here are 10 numbers to know from those reports:
- 0 — Fatal accidents in Richmond Heights
- 65 — Total accidents to which the department responded
- 13 — Injuries that resulted from accidents
- 52 — Cases that involved only property damage
- $1.426 million — Estimated losses, in dollars, caused by lost productivity and expenses resulting from accidents in the city
- 21.54 — Percentage of accidents that happened on Tuesday, the highest-accident day of the week
- 9.23 — Percentage of accidents that happened on Sunday, the lowest-accident day of the week
- 13.85 — Percentage of accidents that happened during the 4-6 p.m. hour, the highest-accident time of day
- 21 — Total number of accidents recorded by Richmond Heights police for Highway 40. It had the highest volume of accidents in January out of any road documented by the police.
- 6 — Total number of accidents in which a person is suspected of having left the scene.