- Heat — We’re only a month away from the autumn relief of September. It’s hard to remember relief is right around the corner when suffering through 30 cloudless days of temperatures flirting with triple digits.
- Sunburn — It’s hard to get a sunburn in St. Louis during December. Try to remember that when the cloudless August skies and hot temperatures leave you looking like a reject side dish at Lobsterfest
- Bugs — Ants. Mosquitoes. Flies. Summer is a buggy horror. Oh sure, you also get ladybugs and butterflies. Try to remember how pretty they are the next time you’re scratching a mosquito bite.
- Outdoor Concerts — At every other time of year, people get to enjoy music indoors with amenities such as air-conditioning, bathrooms and a roof. Summer is the season for outdoor concerts. August is the last month in which you have to bring camping equipment to a concert.
- Bad TV — Ads for September television exist to remind us just how slim the pickings are in August. You only have to suffer through one more month of reruns and made-for-TV movies before we start to get some original content from channels other than HBO.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something