Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch teams up with neighboring Patch sites each week to round up events and happenings in the area. Here are our picks for this week.
Monday, Jan. 23.
- Want to teach the kids about different cultures? Head over to on Monday and join the . The seventh annual event is free and guests can expect a variety of entertainment and Chinese New Year treats. For more information, call 314-645-6202.
- In , the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA) will meet at 5:30 p.m. at . The featured speaker will be Elizabeth D. Yount, CPA. For more information, go to the event listing.
- In Ladue, will hold a grade 12 parent meeting at 7:30 p.m. Parents of seniors are invited to discuss end-of-year events such as graduation, discipline, projects and more. For more information, visit the John Burroughs website.
Tuesday, Jan. 24.
- Indulge your inner artist on Tuesday by heading to the in Clayton for the OH! You Pretty Things—Indie Music and Design Exhibit, which is free and open to the public. For more information, visit the St. Louis Artists’ Guild website.
- Looking for a celebrity fix? Look no further than in University City where comedian and late-show host Craig Ferguson will appear on Tuesday at 8 p.m. Ticket prices start at $45.50 and you can get tickets in advance through Ticketmaster.
- will hold its Science Fair Information Night from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. For more information, visit the Ladue School District’s website.
Wednesday, Jan. 25.
- Still feeling artsy on Wednesday? Visit the “Sunrise-Sunset” exhibit at the in Clayton. The gallery’s January exhibit features the work of artist Meg Matson and guest artists Lisa Chrisman, Sujata Tibrewala and Joeseph Eultgen. For more information, visit Gateway Gallery’s website.
- In Ladue, the JV Girls will play Westminster Christian Academy at home at 4:15 p.m. The 7B boys basketball team will play an away game at Westminster.
- Also in Ladue, incoming sixth graders will have an opportunity to register for the 2012-13 school year from 7 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit the district’s website.
Thursday, Jan. 26.
- The day before the weekend starts, think funny. Head to University City for Thursday Night Mic night at , starting at 10 p.m. Enjoy local comedians at the mic and enjoy drink specials at no cover charge. For more information, visit Fitz’s Facebook page.
- In Ladue, students will attend a late day assembly at 8:45 a.m. to discuss student activities, faculty and more.
Friday, Jan. 27.
- The Hidden Valley Ski Club will head to Hidden Valley, located at 17409 Hidden Valley Drive in Wildwood, on Friday from 3 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. For more information, visit the district’s website.
- If you need to entertain your children between the ages of 3 and 6, head to headquarters in Ladue at 1 p.m. Friday for a special story time. Art at Your Library: Story Drama for Families brings stories alive through creative drama with Metro Theater Company’s professional artists. The 45-minute session is for kids ages 3 to 6 and a caregiver. For more information, visit the library’s website.
Saturday, Jan. 28.
- Do you love trivia? If so, head to the at the community center in Richmond Heights on Saturday. Doors open at 6:30, and there will be 10 rounds of 10 questions. The first-place team wins a $320 cash prize, and other prizes will be offered. The cost is $25 per person or $200 per table. Drinks and snacks are included. For more information, visit the Jaycees’ website.
- Several private schools in and near Ladue will hold a Summer Opportunities Fair on Saturday. The free event will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is sponsored by , Whitfield and . This year, the fair is at Whitfield. For more information, visit the John Burroughs website.
- Want to learn more about your German ancestry? headquarters is holding a class called German Genealogical Sources in the Special Collections Department. Students will learn about the many resources for finding German ancestors in the Special Collections Department. For more details, visit the library’s website.
Want to see your Clayton-Richmond Heights, Ladue-Frontenac or University City event featured in this column? Email Patch reporter Angela Atkinson at email@example.com with your event information.