Clayton is one of the best places to live and work in the St. Louis area, but we should also be one of the best places to start and grow a business.
Our City delivers superior, concierge-like services to our residential community, and I believe we need to deliver services and solutions to our business community in the same way.
We need stronger economic development efforts to support our existing businesses, attract new ones and keep our city growing. As your Mayor, I will lead the effort to improve Clayton’s economic development through the following:
- Create a Business Development Concierge. Clayton delivers superior services, concierge-like services, to its residential community. We need to deliver services and solutions to our business community in the same way. We need to work as partners with our business community to cultivate growth and success.
- Create another signature special event. Special events, like the St. Louis Art Fair, foster a greater sense of community, support our retail businesses and restaurants, and attract people from other areas to experience everything Clayton has to offer.
- Create wayfinding signage and a Clayton Mobile App in order to promote Clayton retailers and restaurants, make it easier for people to locate parking and find their way around the city.
- Re-start monthly meetings of the Economic Development Advisory Council. Let’s involve members of our community who can provide their expertise to make a difference.
- Facilitate a Women’s Entrepreneur Initiative. Female-owned companies are growing at a rapid rate and our City should help foster more local entrepreneurs.
- Encourage development of residential options in the Downtown area. In addition to increasing our residential population, development of higher density residential properties in the Downtown will create a more vibrant community, inspire more retail options and support our existing business community.
- Assess the opportunity to attract a cultural venue to Clayton. Clayton is known as a destination for dining in the region, but we lack other entertainment and cultural venues.
Proactive economic development, partnered with sound budget practices, will both increase our revenues and improve our quality of life.
Find out more about my ideas, and share yours, at www.bergerforclaytonmayor.com.
Thank you for your support and I ask you for your vote on April 2.