Do you currently ride the MetroLink or MetroBus from Clayton or Richmond Heights to work? Are you wondering about just how much you can save by using the MetroLink or MetroBus for the work commute from Shrewsbury to the Central West End? Would you like to catch the MetroBus from Hazelwood to Downtown St. Louis?
According to American Public Transportation Association’s July 2012 Transit Savings Report, individuals who switch from driving to taking public transit can save, on average, $9,702 this year, and up to $809 a month. How much can you save if you switch? Get on board what a great way to put money back in your pocket this fall!
Click this link to calculate how much you can save by taking public transportation instead of driving. You can compare the price of using public transportation with the price of paying at the pump and parking your car. You can set your own car’s mileage as well as current gas prices in order to get accurate findings. There is also a calculator to help you estimate the potential reduction of carbon dioxide emissions you can achieve by switching your travel to public transportation.
Citizens for Modern Transit (www.cmt-stl.org) has some great events lined up this September to help St. Louisans see the value in giving transit a try! Mark your calendar now to join us from Commuter Happy Hours to the Fall Ten Toe Express Walking Program to Opportunities around Light Rail Panel Discussion to look at the development opportunities around Light rail. Get on board with Transit, It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 . . . Pick your route, pay your fare, sit back and relax!
- Sept. 5—CMT Commuter Happy Hour at the Belleville Station from 4 to 6 p.m. with Y98 “Take Transit All The Way, What a great way to end your day!”
- Sept. 7 – Ten Toe Kickoff to the Campbell House Museum from Union Station MetroLink Station in Downtown St. Louis
- September 10 – Ten Toe Fall Walks Start from Shrewsbury, Brentwood, Forest Park and Belleville Stations (www.tentoes.cmt-stl.org)
- September 11 – CMT Commuter Happy Hour at the Shrewsbury Station from 4 to 6 p.m. with Y98 “Take Transit All The Way, What a great way to end your day!”
- September 13 – MetroBikeLink Opening at the Swansea MetroLink Station at 9 a.m.
- September 14 – CMT Annual Meeting at the Embassy Suites in the Mercantile Exchange featuring Laura Aldrete, Parsons Placemaking, on Denver’s FasTrack’s light rail program impacts on the local economy
- September 27 – Opportunities Around Light Rail Panel Discussion from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the RCGA
- Oct. 12 – Walkabout at the North Hanley Station