TODAY is the Third Outing For "Clayton Shoppers"
WHAT: Shop Locally – Support your Local Businesses
WHEN: Friday, Dec. 14th
WHERE: Starting at The Great Frame Up 8131 Maryland Avenue, Clayton, Missouri
(St. Louis, Missouri – December 14, 2012): The holiday season is in full swing…and in today’s economic climate, this is the perfect time to shine a light on shopping local.
A group of Clayton residents will gather today for about an hour to shop at a few local businesses. Our goal is to entice others to join the effort to support the local economy. The Clayton Shoppers will be out every Friday through the holidays, equipped with our own 'shop local' reusable bags so that we can be 'green' too!
With a growing awareness about the value of supporting the local economy, we aim to spend our dollars in Clayton and trigger a ripple effect:
- keep our unique, one-of-a-kind businesses thriving
- keep our local employees working and eating & shopping themselves in our city
- showcase our local products to other potential shoppers
- generate additional tax dollars for our city
- help grow funds for basic city services, from street paving to public safety
Gathering friends and neighbors, we aim to create a groundswell of support for local retailers and restaurateurs in the community where we live and work.