Richmond Heights Police: Officer Assaulted, DWI
Richmond Heights Police dealt with several thefts at the Galleria and other crime between Jan. 22-28, 2013.
The following information was supplied by the Richmond Height Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- Officers responded to Nordstrom where three subjects had just stolen $3,265 in merchandise and made good their escape.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
- An ER patient was being dismissed from SSM St. Mary's Health Center after treatment and became irate over not being admitted. She threatened to kill the ER doctor and staff. The subject was arrested and held on a municipal warrant application.
- Victim reported that person(s) unknown broke into her vehicle and stole numerous items valued at over $500.
Thursday, Jan. 24
- An intoxicated subject refused to leave Einstein’s restaurant. He was arrested and held pending a municipal warrant application.
- Officers responded to Macy’s where two juveniles were detained by security for stealing $48 in merchandise. Both juveniles were arrested and later released to a guardian.
Friday, Jan. 25
- Officers responded to a residence for a domestic incident. While there, the suspect assaulted and injured a police officer. The subject was arrested and held on a State warrant application.
- Several vehicles, parked on the street, were discovered with damage to their windows. The damage appeared to have been made by a BB or pellet.
Saturday, Jan. 26
- Security detained a subject matching the description of a person trying to sell narcotics to passersby. Investigation found the subject to be in possession of several small baggies (packaging consistent with distribution) of possible marijuana. The subject was arrested and later released pending a State warrant application.
Sunday, Jan. 27
- An officer observed a stopped vehicle in traffic that had the right of way at Hanley and Dale. The driver was slumped at the wheel. Investigation resulted in the driver being arrested for suspicion of DWI. The driver was later released on municipal court summonses.
- Officers responded to the Esquire Lot for a larceny from an auto in progress. Officers located the suspect vehicle however; it fled the scene when officers tried to stop it. Two vehicles were broken into with only one reporting a loss of property.
- Three subjects “dined and dashed” at Applebee’s, leaving a bill of $47.85.
Monday, Jan. 28
- Officers responded to Macy’s where security had detained a subject for stealing $96 in merchandise. The subject was released to another agency on a felony warrant with a municipal warrant application to occur at a later time.
- Officers responded to Schnucks where security had detained a subject for stealing $108.26 in merchandise. The subject was arrested and held pending a muni warrant application.