Richmond Heights Police Blotter: Man Suspected of Kicking Cab's Door Repeatedly
Here is a look at incidents reported by the Richmond Heights police.
- A 14-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting at Macy's, 1550 Saint Louis Galleria. He was turned over to his parents.
- A man is suspected of stealing $800 worth of clothing from Macy's, running to a car driven by a female accomplice. The two suspects were identified two days later after being arrested in Alton, on suspicion of committing a similar crime.
- A handgun and clothing were discovered in a vacant room at Residence Inn, 8011 Galleria Parkway. The gun was turned over to police for further investigation.
- A 64-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting and trespassing at Dillard's, 1105 Saint Louis Galleria. Police learned that he had been banned from the mall Jan. 15 on suspicion of shoplifting. He was being held pending a review by the city's prosecutor.
- A 15-year-old female was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting at Macy's. She was turned over to her parents.
- An employee of the gift shop at SSM St. Mary's Health Center, 6420 Clayton Rd., told police her purse was stolen from a storage room as she worked.
- A 20-year-old female was arrested on suspicion of stealing and property damage at Express, 2460 Saint Louis Galleria. She is suspected of having damaged clothing by taking off sensor tags that had been attached to it. She was being held pending a review by the city's prosecutor.
- A 14-year-old female was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting at Claire's, 2073 Saint Louis Galleria. She was transferred to the St. Louis County Juvenile Detention Center.
- A 2006 Chevrolet pickup parked at a Galleria lot got broken into, though nothing was stolen. The victim reported that access was gained by prying apart a door handle.
- Police were seeking a man suspected of intentionally damaging a meter and then kicking a cab's door multiple times after exiting the vehicle. It happened in the 1000 block of Claytonia Terrace.
- A 39-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully inhaling solvent fumes at a private residence in the 7700 block of Weston Place. He has been arrested several times previously on suspicion of the same act. He was being held pending a review by the city's prosecutor.
- Three customers of Applebee's, 6734 Clayton Rd., are suspected of having paid for their meal with two fake $20 bills. The counterfeit bills were discovered after the customers left the restaurant. An investigation was ongoing.
- A 15-year-old female was arrested on suspicion of stealing from Macy's. She was turned over to her mother.
Editor's note: Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch publishes blotter information for both Clayton and Richmond Heights. Richmond Heights provides blotter updates on its website; Clayton provides blotter updates by e-mail. To view the latest Clayton police blotter, please go to this link.