Patch Picks: Five Places to Get a Truly Clean Glass of Cloudy Brown Liquid
Brown isn’t always bad. We find five delicious brown drinks that you’ll be happy to see in a glass.
In honor of Missouri American Water's assurances to Clayton residents that the brown, cloudy water that came from taps earlier this week was entirely safe to drink, we rounded up five places to get a cloudy brown beverage you’ll be proud to drink.
- City Coffeehouse and Creperie — You can fill a cup with an aromatic sip ranging from black to tawny depending on how much milk and sugar you like in your coffee.
- Kaldi’s Coffee House — There’s nothing wrong with indulging in more coffee, but Kaldi’s nice assortment of teas give you a chance to enjoy a cup of brown joy. Try some Darjeeling and a scone for breakfast.
- Kilkenny’s Pub — A tap serving thick, dark brown Guinness is a delight to behold. If you enjoy Irish beers, stop by Kilkenny’s for a pint of Guinness or its slightly lighter but equally tasty cousin, Smithwicks.
- Oceano Bistro — At $10 for a glass, Booker’s Bourbon will cost as much as a case of bottled water, but oh what a difference that brown gold makes. This is a high proof, small batch sipping bourbon that does Kentucky proud.
- Barcelona — Indulge in a “Dark and Stormy” drink of black rum mixed with ginger beer for a glass full of cloudy brown delicious goodness.